There is good evidence suggesting that a large number of malpractice cases are rooted in discourtesy and bad behavior on the part of the physician, hospital and/or office staff. Therefore, social skills training for physicians and staff can be invaluable.
Professional Courtesy offers a variety of seminars that are tailored to specific clinical needs as well as general information on patient privacy issues, contemporary medical/dental office attire, telephone etiquette and more.
Because of the sophisticated technological advances used in medical/dental practice today, it may be necessary to rethink how to maintain personal contact with patients. The following presentations provide information for medical/dental staff that will establish a supportive and respectful medical/dental environment for patients.
- The Impact of Bad Manners in the Medical/Dental Arena
- The Name on the Door
- The First Impression, Your Public Rating
- Establishing Your Corporate Culture
- Training For Every Employee
- The Basics in Business Etiquette
- Meeting and Greeting Patients
- Taking Information in the Waiting Room
- Forms of Address
- In and Out of the Patient Room Gracefully
- Conversation Skills
- Telephone Etiquette
- Techno Etiquette (answer machine, fax machine, cell phone, email etc.)
- Dealing With the Difficult Patient
- Professional Dress
- Essence of a Valuable Employee
- Inter Office Dynamics